Here’s wishing your Black Friday injuries aren’t so severe that you can’t click a mouse on Cyber Monday.
I love Thanksgiving because it’s a holiday that is centered around food and family, two things that are of utmost importance to me.
– Marcus Samuelsson, Ethopian-born, Swedish-raised chef, restauranteur; head chef of Red Rooster (1971-present)
Image Credit: Bridges International
Pure, intense emotions. It’s not about design. It’s about feelings.
– Alber Elbaz, Morrocan-Israeli fashion designer; worked for the Paris fashion house Lanvin from 2001 to 2015 (1961-present)
Image Credit: Edda Gimnes
Success is simple. Do what’s right, the right way, at the right time.
– Arnold Henry Glasow, American businessman (1905-1998)
Wear a smile and have friends; wear a scowl and have wrinkles.
– Mary Anne Evans, known by pen name George Eliot, English novelist, poet, journalist, translator; one of the leading writers of the Victorian era (1819-1880)
You never know what the future holds, so I am just enjoying being happy, healthy, and having my wonderful husband by my side.
– Olivia Newton-John, AO, OBE, English-Australian singer, songwriter, actress, entrepreneur, activist (1948-present)
Image Credit: Marie Claire
I never dreamed about success, I worked for it.
– Josephine Esther Mentzer, commonly known as Estée Lauder, American businesswoman; cofounder of eponymous cosmetics company; only woman on Time Magazine’s 1998 list of the 20 most influential business geniuses of the 20th century (1908-2004)
Image Credit: Huff Post
It was Leslie who had taken him from the cow pasture into Terabithia and turned him into a king. He had thought that was that. Wasn’t king the best you could be? Now it occurred to him that perhaps Terabithia was like a castle where you came to be knighted. After you stayed for a while and grew strong, you had to move on. For hadn’t Leslie, even in Terabithia, tried to push back the walls of his mind and make him see beyond to the shining world – huge and terrible and beautiful and very fragile? (Handle with care – everything – even the predators.)
Now it was time for him to move out. She wasn’t there, so he must go for both of them. It was up to him to pay back the world in beauty and caring what Leslie had loaned him in vision and strength.
As for the terrors ahead – for he did not fool himself that they were all behind him – well, you just have to stand up to your fear and not let it squeeze you white. Right, Leslie?
– Katherine Paterson, Bridge to Terabithia (1977)
If we lose love and self-respect for each other, this is how we finally die.
– Maya Angelou, American poet, memoirist, civil rights activist (1928-2014)
Fashion can be bought. Style one must possess.
– Edna Woolman Chase, American editor-in-chief of Vogue from 1914-1952 (1877-1957)