If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy?
If our love’s insanity, why are you my clarity?
– Zedd ft. Foxes, Clarity (2012)
Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired.
– Pierre-Jules Renard, or Jules Renard, French author, member of the Académie Goncourt; famous for Poil de carotte and Les Histores Naturalles (1864-1910)
Be sure what you want and be sure about yourself. Fashion is not just beauty, it’s about good attitude. You have to believe in yourself and be strong.
– Adriana Lima, Brazilian supermodel, actress (1981-present)
Technology can be our best friend, and technology can also be the biggest party pooper of our lives. It interrupts our own story, interrupts our ability to have a thought or a daydream, to imagine something wonderful, because we’re too busy bridging the walk from the cafeteria back to the office on the cell phone.
– Steven Allan Spielberg, KBE OMRI, American director, producer, screenwriter; considered one of the founding pioneers of the New Hollywood era (1946-present)
Note: Hi guys, due to personal reasons, I will not be uploading any new material this week. However, there will still be a quote a day, so please continue to show your love and support for my blog! x ec
You don’t choose your family. They are God’s gift to you, as you are to them.
– Desmond Mpilo Tutu, OMSG CH, South African anti-apartheid & social rights activist; Anglican clergyman (1931-present)
[Eggsy puts on his suit]
Merlin: Looking good, Eggsy.
Eggsy: Feeling good, Merlin.
– Merlin, played by Mark Strong, and Gary (Eggsy) Unwin, played by Taron Egerton, Kingsman: The Secret Service (2014)
I wouldn’t take it as a compliment if someone looked at one of my shoes and said, “Oh that looks like a comfortable shoe.” There is a heel that is too high to walk in, certainly. But who cares? You don’t have to walk in high heels.
– Christian Louboutin, French fashion designer and cofounder of epynonmous fashion house Christian Louboutin Ltd.; known for his signature high-end stiletto footwear which incorporates shiny, red-lacquered soles (1963-present)
Image Credit: Telegraph
Because a thought arises, various phenomena arise; because thoughts cease, a cave and a tomb are not two.
– Seol Sa, pen name Won Hyo, Korean philosopher; one of the leading thinkers, writers, commentators of the Korean Buddhist tradition; known for refining Essence-Foundation (617 AD-686 AD)
I’ve always been known for bold flavors and rustic cooking, but there is another side to me. As you evolve as a cook, you understand life and how serious it is. There comes a point where there’s got to be a better balance.
– Emeril John Lagasse III, simply known as Emeril Lagasse, American celebrity chef, restauranteur, television personality, cookbook author (1959-present)
There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
– Henry Alfred Kissinger, American diplomat, political scientist; served as the United States Secretary of State and National Security Advisor under the presidential administrations of Richard Nixon and Gerald Ford (1923-present)